Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 11 Response

I've read so many profile-esque stories without ever knowing it. I was glad to read "The Pinup of Williamsburg" because that's when I made this realization. I really like how the author just slips in facts about the subject without making it so obvious. This proves to be difficult because when I was writing my own profile, I felt confined to just inserting facts. I didn't know much about my subject so I just told everything I could think of. How wonder what would be some good ways to improve a profile. I guess we as the writer should be like an interviewer but one must also have some previous knowledge. In "The Pinup of Williamsburg" things just flow so nicely and we as the reader get a very intimate look into this star's career at a time when it's blooming. I liked this particular profile profile better than Lady Olga and the profile on Hemingway. Lady Olga is very interesting but the style of writing is not as fun and fresh at the "The Pinup of  Williamsburg." Well, one is obviously written for a specific audience that his fun and hip. In addition, Lady Olga's story is not too much of a happy story so that probably also influenced my interest. However I do like the way the story starts out with the feelings of Lady Olga. It really caught my attention and made me read further on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment