Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week 12

Pleasure of Letting Go

I read this essay because I had saw that a lot of other people had read about it and I wanted to see what all the discussion was about. After reading the first paragraph, I knew that the author was going to be speaking about the pleasure of letting go of the orphaned birds that she had taken of. I'm not sure that the story was interesting because I personally do not care much for birds; however, I must say that the essay was very well written piece of fiction. I would like to emulate this type of writing or discover how she writes so smoothly. The story flows so well and seamlessly. When I'm writing nonfiction I feel like I use "and then" or I often start with the subject. I like how in this essay, she changes things around nicely so it doesn't read as a boring "this happened" and "and then."


No comments:

Post a Comment